Snapchat is gaining in popularity among younger demographics who are increasingly turning to the platform to escape their Facebook-fond parents.
So, no surprise, companies including General Electric, Adobe (CMO.com’s parent company), and the Country Music Association are following their lead. But it’s still early days for Snapchat marketing. Could the little white ghost be right for your brand? Let’s see what the stats have to say.
1. In the past 12 months, awareness of Snapchat among Americans 12 and older grew from 60% to 71%.
2. Snapchat has more users than Twitter, Pinterest, or Linkedin.
3. Sixty percent of Snapchat’s daily users contribute content to the platform.
4. Snapchat users share 9,000 snaps (photos) per second.
5. Snapchat’s daily video views have increased 400% year over year.
6. Twenty-two percent of ad execs plan to advertise on the $20 billion-valued app in 2016.
7. Snapchat ads are seen anywhere between 500,000 to 1 million times per day.
8. Snapchat user stories fuel 10 billion daily video views.
9. Sixty percent of Snapchat’s monthly U.S. users are aged 13-24.
10. Snapchat had 200 million daily active users as of December 2015 and is expected to grow another 50% this year.
11. Seventy percent of Snapchat users are female.
12. Snapchat reaches 11% of digital users in the U.S.
13. More than 400 million Snapchat stories are created per day.
14. Somewhere between 10 to 20 million people watch stories each day.
15. Sixty-five percent of Snapchat users upload their own photos daily.