No matter their particular industry, B2B marketers all share a common mission: to build their bottom lines. And that ties directly to their top marketing goal: to deliver sales-qualified leads, according to DemandWave’s “2017 State of B2B Digital Marketing” report.
Not surprisingly, that’s also their toughest challenge.
Now in its sixth year, the annual report provides a bird’s-eye view of the current B2B digital marketing landscape and offers a snapshot of the tactics, tools, and strategies paramount to the industry. It is based on a survey of approximately 200 U.S. B2B marketing professionals, from marketing managers to C-level executives.
Among the highlights:
- Despite email retaining its throne as a top channel for revenue gains (63%), more marketers are waking up to the financial benefits of SEO.
- Despite the hype, just 37% of B2B marketers have tried or are currently engaged in ABM. Of those who have had experience with ABM, 42% say they find it effective, while another 40% say they’re not sure.
- Nearly half of B2B marketers expect to invest more in digital marketing this year; 38% of marketers plan to spend 60% or more of their marketing budget online.
- The most widely produced forms of content are, equally, blogs and videos (82% each). That said, 40% said white papers produce the most revenue, followed closely by webinars (38%).
- The relationship between sales and marketing departments continues to improve. In total, 57% of marketers say sales and marketing are well-aligned at their company.
Click here to read the full report (short registration required).
Cross-channel and mobile marketing are going to be big topics of discussion at Adobe Summit 2017, March 19-23. Click here to view the agenda and register. (Bonus: Enter code CMDC17 for an additional $200 discount.)