As marketers, we spend so much time building our company’s brand that we often forget about our own. But with job tenure shrinking in America, focusing on our personal brand is becoming increasingly important.
“People aren’t going to work for the same company for 30 years anymore,” said Diego Lomanto, CMO of Talent Inc., which offers resume-writing and personal-branding services. “Companies are no longer lifelong employment vehicles. They are becoming an amalgamation of people to fulfill a goal, and then they disband.”
With this in mind, you can’t wait to begin thinking about your brand until after you leave a company. “You need to be thinking about your personal brand while you are gainfully employed,” Lomanto advised.
Highlights from this week’s show include:
- The need for a great resume (1:35)
- Maintaining your personal brand (6:35)
- Being the first real marketing hire (12:40)
- Setting yourself up for success in a new job (15:10)
- Building a relationship with the C-suite (16:00)
- Tips for a successful entry (20:35)